Welcome to Speech Class!
Here's my contact information for you to use. You can save this image into your phone so you always have a way to reach me.
We're going to start with a Get To Know You Game.
Now let's talk about journals. You can see in the class intro image that you'll need a spiral notebook everyday of class. This will be for your journaling.
Rules and Expectations
In an attempt to go digital and as paperless as possible, we will be asking you to use your device a lot in class this year. There are some rules that you must go by to retain those privileges. If you abuse them, you will no longer use your device, and you will have to access the work, notes, etc. on our website on your own time.
1. Respect everyone and yourself. This includes ideas, individuality and questions
2. Always bring materials to class
3. Be prepared every day
4. This is a class where you will be asked to speak aloud. Don't fight it. Everyone here will be participating
5. You will receive grades every day. See the information sheet above for a breakdown of these grades
6. You must have a set of headphones with you at all times as part of your school supplies.
7. If you do not have a smart phone or an ipad, etc. we will talk and figure out a solution.
8. You will need to log on to the school's Wifi while you are using our website. Unless you have unlimited data, it will obviously use your data unless you are on Wifi. This statement is here so that you realize you have been warned. I do not want complaints about data usage from parents when I have shown you how to avoid it.
9. Our lesson for the day in all of our classes will populate each morning at 8 am. If you want to check it out then, you can....or you can wait until you get to class. I do not want to hear complaints from other teachers that you are checking our website on their time. Use your common sense.
10. Also, make sure that you do not get in trouble in another class for working on our website during their class time. For example, if you have a quiz for us and work on it during algebra class, you may get in trouble. Just like I don't want you working on algebra in my class.
11. One more thing--just because we are attempting to be "on the cutting edge" and using our cool website to teach does not mean that all teachers will appreciate that. If you have free time and choose to work on our website and a teacher tells you to put your phone up--PUT IT UP.