We're going over the basic speech outline today. Follow along with me as I talk through all the points of a basic speech template.
- Intro (3 to 5 sentences)
- "Attention Getter" (question, quote, definition, anecdote, etc.)
- State the topic
- Transition (first, to begin with, etc.)
- Discuss your first point by giving examples to support
- Body (4 to 6 sentences)
- Transition (next, secondly, in addition, etc.)
- Discuss your second point giving examples to support
- Body two (4 to 6 sentences)
- Transition (furthermore, thirdly, etc.)
- Discuss your third point giving examples to support
- Body three (4 to 6 sentences)
- Restate your topic
- Restate your points
To get an "A" on a speech, you must do the following:
- Memorize your first and fifth paragraphs
- Have transition variety
- State your points in order
Completing the above requirements will not guarantee and "A", but you cannot get an "A" without them.
Write your daily journal entry in the text box below. You'll need 125 words for every entry. Use this Word Count website to check your word count.